In an average day, UFC welterweight James Head will walk his dogs, work for hours for a major gas and oil company, get in a strength and conditioning workout, go back to the desk job, train for several hours, and then cheer on his St. Louis Cardinals before doing it all over again the next day. Just reading through that schedule is exhausting, but Head, who is facing Papy Abedi at UFC on Fuel 2 Saturday in Sweden, told Cagewriter it's perfect because he never gets bored. "It's mentally challenging and I like that. That's why I fight, because it's a mental and physical challenge. It keeps me sharp. I'm always learning things about my industry and fighting. That's how I was brought up. If I get bored with something, it's not really worth my time. I haven't gotten bored with any of the aspects of my life." The industry is petroleum engineering, where it is Head's job to design and implement oil wells that will produce oil and natural gas. He started fighting when he was studying engineering at the University of Missouri-Rolla (now called the Missouri University of Science and Technology.) When boredom hit, he tried fighting.
No comments:
Post a Comment